We Fight for the Rights of Sexual Assault Survivors
Lawyers Committed to Helping Survivors of Sexual Abuse Seek Justice
Grant & Eisenhofer P.A. takes cases nationwide to hold negligent entities and offenders accountable for sexual assault and/or sexual harassment. We are committed to helping our clients seek justice against perpetrators of:
- Special Needs Sexual Abuse. Individuals with a disability are at increased risk of sexual assault. In fact, in the United States, special needs individuals suffer from one of the highest rates of sexual assault. Unfortunately, those entrusted to a facility or a care provider are more likely to endure assault.
- Sexual Assault or Harassment. Sexual assault and sexual harassment can occur anywhere. Sexual assault perpetrators may be a supervisor, co-worker, or another individual the survivor knows.
Perpetrators of Disability Sexual Assault
Perpetrators are often people who the sexual assault survivor knows. For individuals with intellectual disabilities, research suggests that survivors trust 97 to 99 percent of abusers, and 44 percent of abusers knew the survivor because of their disability (such as assisted living care staff, teacher, or transportation provider). In other words, disability sexual assault occurs in various assisted living, care, and education facilities. These settings may include:
- Nursing Home (Skilled Nursing Facility)
- Group Home or Boarding Home
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Assisted Living Facility
- Supportive Home
- Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Day Care
- Special Needs Camp
Special needs sexual assault survivors are often harmed by their caretakers, such as:
- Home healthcare providers
- Counselors at special needs camps
- Teachers at childcare facilities and schools
- Nursing home staff
- Group home staff
How We Fight for Justice for Sexual Assault Survivors
A sexual assault incident may lead to a criminal prosecution, which may result in jail time, probation, fines and other sanctions against the perpetrator. Notably, it may also lead to a civil lawsuit. For many sexual assault survivors, this is the only way to seek damages for harm suffered.
Lawyers at Grant & Eisenhofer P.A. represent special needs sexual assault survivors and elder sexual abuse survivors. We also represent individuals who have suffered from physical or psychological damage caused by sexual harassment or sexual assault. We help our clients seek damages for the harm they suffered. If you or a loved one are a sexual assault survivor, speak with our attorneys as soon as possible. Our legal team can help you determine if you have a viable sexual assault claim and answer your legal questions.
Our lawyers representing survivors of sexual abuse understand that filing a lawsuit is a very important and sensitive decision. When you schedule a consultation with our firm, we can help you understand your potential legal options. Schedule a free confidential consultation with our firm by calling (844) 394-3624 or submitting an online form using the button below.